Wanna make something with matcha but can’t find it anywhere or it’s outside your budget?
There’s a simple solution to this: USE THE LEAVES FROM GREEN TEA BAGS! ^_____^
Green Tea White Chocolate Chip Cookies (yes, it’s a mouthful LOL)
2 cups flour
5 green tea bags, leaves grounded
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Dry mixture: combine the flour, green tea leaves, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
3. Wet mixture: in a separate bowl, beat the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter with an electric mixer. Once blended, beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until the mixture is light and creamy.
4. Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture until the ingredients are just blended.
5. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
6. Drop the dough, about 1 tbsp at a time, onto a tray that is greased or lined with parchment paper. Slightly flatten each ball before putting the tray into the oven.
7. Bake the cookies for about 10 min, or until they are lightly brown. Cool them on the tray for about 2 min before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.