Like strawberries? Like Nutella? Then these muffins are for you!!
Strawberry Nutella Muffins
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda (or 2 tsp. baking powder)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar) together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla) together.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while stirring. Be careful not to over mix or else your muffins will turn out flat and tough. The batter should be thick when you’re done.
5. Gently fold the strawberries into the batter.
6. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray, use paper liners, or use a nonstick pan. Fill each up halfway with batter. Then, after adding a spoon of Nutella to each cup, top everything off with the rest of the batter.
7. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove them from the pan and let them cool.
*Optional Cinnamon-Sugar Topping
2 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Melt the butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
2. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
3. Gently dip the top of the muffin into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat it.