A recipe so simple, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t tried making this already!
I didn’t put measurements for the ingredients because I don’t think there is an actual correct “serving size” for this heh. You could make this as a hors d’oeuvre, snack, appetizer, or even as a meal! It’s something you could easily make more of if you need a bigger portion, but also something you could keep in the fridge for a couple days if you end up with extra.
Fresh mozzarella or burrata
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and coarse pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes into 1/4 in. thick pieces. (I recommend using a serrated knife because it’ll allow you to cut through them without smushing them)
2. Slice the mozzarella into 1/4 in. thick pieces as well.
3. Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella with basil so that the three ingredients alternate.
4. Using a 1:4 ratio, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
*To make this into a hors d’oeuvre, use grape tomatoes and cube the mozzarella instead. Combine with basil using toothpicks or skewers.