If you all haven’t noticed already, I like using eggs when I cook. Eggs make everything better! Okay maybe not everything, but I certainly like to have one with my spaghetti sometimes!
Serving size: 6-8
6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 pound ground beef (optional)
3 cups tomatoes, diced
2 cups tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 bay leaf
avocados, halved and sliced
1. Start cooking spaghetti in a pot of boiling water. Put aside when noodles are cooked al dente.
2. In a separate pan, start making the sauce by cooking the chopped garlic, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil over medium-low heat.
3. Add ground beef to the pan. Once it is cooked, drain the grease from the pan. (optional)
4. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and bay leaf to the pan.
5. Add a splash of red wine and balsamic vinegar.
6. Add basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to your liking. Let simmer – the longer the ingredients mingle together, the better!
7. While the sauce is thickening, cook eggs sunny side up.
8. Top each serving of spaghetti with sauce, 1/2 sliced avocado, basil pesto, and an egg.
9. Sprinkle crushed walnuts to add earthiness to the dish.
Buon appetito! 🙂