First of all, I want to thank everyone who has visited my blog so far. Thank you for all your support and for taking the time to read my posts. To be honest, I didn’t expect my blog to receive much attention at all, but the unexpected compliments I have received online and in person have been really heartwarming and motivating. I really appreciate it ❤ For those of you who have started to follow me, the fact that you want to keep up with my blog even though it is in its baby stage and has barely started, is especially encouraging. I’ve been busy with finals the past few days, but I’ll be done with summer school tomorrow so expect a lot more posts soon!
Be prepared for your hands to get a little messy as you eat depending on how runny your yolk is! I liked mine just the way it turned out in the picture hehe.
2 slices of bread
1/2 caramelized onion
1/2 sliced avocado
1 slice of monterey jack pepper cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
4 tbs. tomato sauce
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Heat up a pan on medium and add the vegetable oil.
2. Once the pan is warm, add a slice of bread to toast it. Flip once the bottom turns golden brown, repeat on the other side, then remove from pan.
3. Cut a hole in the other slice of bread with a cookie cutter. Toast one side of it on the pan.
4. Flip once the bottom turns a light golden brown, and crack the egg into the hole (or basket). The egg should fill the hole and stick to the bread as it cooks. You may need to flip the bread a couple times to assure the egg gets cooked, but make sure not to cook the yolk all the way.
5. Layer the rest of the ingredients (and any other ingredients desired) on the whole slice of bread, and then carefully place the slice with the egg on top to complete the sandwich.